Friday, December 09, 2005

The Twelve Blogs of Christmas (4)

This is the fourth of what will hopefully be a twelve part series between now and Christmas relating life to lyrics from holiday songs. See also: Part One, Part Two and Part Three.

Part Four: From Atlantic to Pacific, gee, the traffic is terrific...


I've been getting a little too texty lately so I thought I'd show this picture from last night's news. For those outside the midwest you probably didn't hear, but due to the awful snowstorms in the Chicagoland area, a plane skidded off the runway at Midway airport, out the fence, and into the nearby intersection. Two cars were pinned underneath the plane. Tragically one person died but I think everyone is grateful that the situation was not - as it well could have been - much, much worse. Here's the link to the full story if anyone's interested and the song lyric is from "No Place Like Home for the Holidays". I promise I'll be back to cheerier subjects soon.
picture from MSN news article linked above

3 comments:

Jason said...

Oh, don't worry, you didn't need to be in the midwest to hear about this story. It was all over the news in Portland as well.

Jess said...

Definitely - the alarm clock went off this morning to news of the plane crash in Chicago and instead of my normal routine of hitting snooze at least 3 times, I was awake and out of bed to see what had happened. Yikes! Thank goodness it wasn't worse. Funny thing is if it were one week from the date, almost around the same time, at the other Chicago airport, Jason and I could have been on that plane

lisa :) said...

Yikes! I guess it does make sense that it would be national news, though. It was kinda scary too cause Tony and I were watching TV when the story broke and they had eyewitnesses calling in to talk about the "plane crash" and it took a few minutes for them to get the "Jet Skids Off Runway" tagline on the screen so we were panicked that something much worse had happened.