Monday, November 26, 2007

LisaWriMo: The Final Countdown

I have written - I have HAND-written - over 42,000 words. That puts me a mere 8000 words shy of the goal. That's 84% done. *Insert squeals of delight.* For those of you that stuck with me through my "I-hate-my-novel" and excessive use of rubbish and it's synonyms in describing my writing phase, I thank you profusely. This is the downhill stretch and yet it's also the climactic rush that's providing some of the most dramatic and fun to write material so far. Wish me luck on the home stretch!

Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions, feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you only you can let it in
No one else, no one else can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open

...Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten.


1 comment:

Greg McConnell said...

She's at the 40, the 30, 25, 20, 15...