Wednesday, January 29, 2003

LoL#22: Forwards

Hi hi,

So y'all know by now that I'm not one to pass on forwards, but I've gotten some interesting news in my inbox lately that I thought deserved passing on. After watching the State of the Union address last night I realized it's a very bizzarre time to be alive and well in the good ol' US of A. It's even more bizarre for those (which I'm learning is actually a pretty good majority of this list) of us who have friends and family in the military. [For me it's an uncle currently in DC and a cousin who was just shipped to Kuwait]. Anyhoo, to quote a very wise woman: "I guess mostly I find solace in knowing how many other people there are who feel similarly".

For the sake of telling anyone who's anxious these days, "you're not alone" I thought I'd pass along these few forwarded e-mails. I've always said that I'm good at using other's words to say what I cannot so instead of the usual Lisa rambling you get the news from Lisa's inbox (which will be about equal in length to my normal schpiels). The first is kinda cheesy, but a nice sentiment. The second is the closesst to home for me. The third's (in my opinion) probably the most powerful. Feel free to read, act on, and/or forward any or all of them at your own discretion (the copy/paste feature is always nice).


forwardfully yours,

lisa :)

p.s. Jenny, you probably got these originally. Beth, my mom didn't have your e-mail address but I'll give it to her.
p.p.s. The Wise Woman du Jour is the super spiffy Jessica G. I dedicate the following quote from a Charles DeLint novel to her:

"We are wise women, not because we are wise but because we seek wisdom - which, in the end, is what makes us seem wise to others."



FORWARD #1: For our troops (it really does only take 30 seconds!)
Subject: for our troops

Sign -up and say "Thanks!"
"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it." (Moliere)

THIS IS AN EASY AND A GOOD THING FOR ALL OF US TO DO. IT ONLY TAKES ABOUT 30 SECONDS.....THANKS ......ZERO
Please visit the Department of Defense web page below and sign in thanking the men and women of the U.S. military services for defending our freedom. The compiled list of names will be sent out to our soldiers at the end of the month. So far, there are only about 3.2 million names. What a shame...... National Military Appreciation Month. The entire exercise takes 10 seconds...literally.
Please pass it on to your email friends.
http://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html
DefendAmerica News


Forward #3: A prayer
Subject: Prayer Wheel

"Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our
Lord and Savior. Amen."

Prayer Wheel: When you receive this, please stop for a moment and say a prayer for our troops in Afghanistan, and around the world.
There is nothing attached.... This can be very powerful....
Of all the gifts you could give a US Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine & others deployed in harm's way, Prayer is the very best one.



No comments: