Thursday, October 13, 2005

Hats off to this Ohio State fan!

So this is a story I got in an e-mail about an OSU grad but I think all my Illini and MSU friends will get a kick out of it too. (And to any U of M readers... hope you have a good sense of humor).

A recent graduate of The Ohio State University moved to Dearborn, Michigan when she landed a great job with a company located there. After becoming a citizen of Michigan, she felt almost as if she had betrayed her Ohio background and ancestry. She had an apartment with a Michigan address, and she winced whenever she looked at her Michigan driver's license. When it came time to register her vehicle she had an idea. She'd get personalized plates and make things right.

The personalized license plate for her car arrived, and she beamed as she installed them. She was so proud she sent an instant message to her father right away. He too was a proud Ohio State alumnus.

"Daddy," she typed. "I'm so excited! I got new, personalized plates for my Mini today. They're University of Michigan plates!" "WHAT?" he replied. "You have to be joking!"

"Nope, I'm totally serious. Let me send you the image." Her father couldn't stop laughing after he viewed the picture of her car.



(Sorry the picture's a little fuzzy - I'm still learning - but you get the idea.)

Also I wanted to say that my last post was called Genesis because it was the begining. I couldn't think of anything creative to call it so I went with Genesis not to be confused with Geonosis because Genesis is the first book of the Bible where as Geonosis is the planet of freaky termite aliens in Star Wars Episode II.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Say Go Blue!! And I mean it.

lisa :) said...

BTW - I actually got this e-mail from my mom who's a Mighigan grad and die hard fan!

lisa :) said...

...And yes I do know how to spell Michigan!