Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Turkey Day(s), Movies, and of course SHOPPING!

Wow, long time no blog! Hope y'all haven't missed me too much. ;)

In short: It's been a good week. (For just details read the bold italics of In Long section)

In long: Had back-to-back Thanksgiving feasts with Tony's family on Wednesday night and my family on Thursday afternoon. Then Tony surprised me with tickets to see Pride and Prejudice (he knows I love the book!) on Thursday night. It was a really fun date night and the movie was pretty great. Although the A&E Colin Firth version still reigns supreme, the new one was a decent feature length version and Kiera Knightly was surprisingly perfect as Elizabeth Bennet. And then of course Friday morning was the annual shopping extravaganza! I didn't go out as early as I have in the past but I was still at the mall by 5:45 (would've been 5:30 but there was a mandatory stop for coffee at a very crowded Dunkin' Donuts). I got some amazing deals - that I unfortunately can't talk about - but I will say that I have about 90% of my Christmas shopping done at this point which rocks my world! Friday afternoon was awesome too, cause I went to see Rent with some friends I haven't hung out with in a long time (and some that I've seen more recently too) but again I thought it was a fantastic movie. A lot of people are complaining that the actors have gotten too old or that they shouldn't have cut/rearranged some of the music, but I think it had the best of both worlds - close enough to the stage version to maintain Jonathan Larson's original vision but different enough to be considered a fresh recreation for the silver screen. Also, something about the film instead of the stage puts you up close and in the faces of the characters, who are already able to break your heart from a distance, made it really moving. I pretty much cried through most of the second half but I still loved it so in my book that's a definite two thumbs up. Saturday and Sunday were marked mostly by running errands and getting ready for a traitorous thing called Monday Morning but Tony and I also managed to get in the holiday spirit and decorate three different trees (both our parents' houses and our own - that's over 22 feet of Christmas tree!). So yeah, that's my update for now. Hopefully more hilarity and randsanity will ensue in further blogs but for now this is just the who's who and what's what of my life at current. Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving and feel free to share any good recipes for leftover turkey (no joke - my mom cooked a 28 pound turkey this year). I made up some Turkey Stew in the crockpot this morning I'll let you know tonight or tomorrow if it's edible.

Recap: back-to-back feasts, Pride & Prejudice, shopping extravaganza!, 90% of my shopping done, went to see Rent, running errands, decorated three trees, and turkey stew - Yep, I think that about covers it!

No comments: