Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Turkey Stew

So the stew was actually pretty yummy. It's a recipe I modified from a Braised Beef Stew recipe that I found off the internet a while ago. I've made the beef version and liked it a lot but here's what I did for the turkey variety:
Lisa's Turkey Stew
  • Six to ten small red potatoes cut into eighths (halved then quartered)
  • Half pound of baby carrots cut in half
  • One green pepper cut into bite size pieces
  • Turkey (however much you want) cut into bite size pieces
  • Small can of whole kernel corn
  • One large can of crushed tomatoes
  • Dried crushed Basil (1 tsp or so)
  • Dried crushed Oregano (1 tsp or so)
  • 1 Bay Leaf
  • Salt & Pepper (to taste)
Add ingredients in the above order to a crockpot. Heat on high for 5-6 hours or low for 8-10 hours. Stir and Enjoy.
I have a really huge crockpot so this made enough for four-six people (or three people with leftovers) so it could be scaled down too. Let me know if anyone else tries and enjoys it!

No comments: