Monday, October 21, 2002

LoL #9: One of those days...

Six 'o clock am and I was just in the middle of a dream - I was kissing Valentino by a crystal blue Italian stream. But I can't be late cause then I just won't get paid and these are the days when you wish your bed was already made. Have to catch an early train, got to be to work by nine and if I had an aeroplane I still couldn't make it on time! 'Cause it takes me so long just to figure out what I'm gonna wear. Blame it on the train, but the boss is already there.....
I wish it was Sunday cause that's my fun day, my I don't have to run day, but it's just another Manic Monday!

Okay I'll stop quoting 80's music (The Bangles) now (even though these ARE the days when you wish your bed was already made, yeah, right like I ever make my bed in the morning!) but I figured it fits since it is Monday and the Manic part seemed somewhat appropriate considering it's me talking here. Anywho....

Have you ever thought about how funny it would be to be driving down the road and seeing twenty some people standing at a bus stop doing the electric slide?

I think that'd be pretty amusing. No change that - I would be downright hilarious. I was at the bus stop this morning and when the three people to the right of me got on the UIC bus (which comes 5 minutes before the NWU bus) I sidesteped grapevine style to where they had been standing and the previously mentioned image of line dancers at a bus stop popped into my head.

Then again maybe not.

I'm bored out of my mind at work right now. If anyone reads this before 5 e-mail back cause then I can at least pretend to be engrossed in imortant e-mail...oh wait, I'm ALREADY doing that ;) I had to watch a radiation safety video today too. That was funny. Indiana University Copyright 1982 - need I say more?

I have to put a shoutout in here too to super spiffy crazy lady Agnes cause the whole thing was just a little too reminiscent of CHEM 393 (Principles of Lab Safety) and I really needed someone I knew watching it with me cause it was very worthy of being mocked. Also, to all the NNHS-ers, "Hi" from Kate N. I saw her on the train this morning, she's taking classes at Columbia studying Marketing/Advertising.

Oh and I normally do actually have work to do at work. Today's just one of those waiting days which is not so bad considering that 90% of my day on Friday was devoted to opening, closing, labelling, reopening, reclosing and relabelling microcentrifuge tubes. I'm gonna write the world's shortest novel titled Things I Love About Plasmid Mini-Preps.


manic mondayfully yours,

lisa :)

p.s. and for the record I wasn't actually having dreams about Valentino last night. it's just a song. and speaking of songs Wheezer's "Island in the Sun" just came on the radio and I'm debating how wrong it would be to turn the volume to max and start singing and dancing my way through the tissue culture work I get to do in the next hour....

No comments: