Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Unplugged Again

Here I go with the random thoughts/updates again:
  • Crazy weekend. Great birthday but I got something I really didn't want: the flu.
  • Needless to say chocolate cake has been added to chicken soup and ginger ale as the ultimate feel better trifecta.
  • All day at home on Sunday was made much more enjoyable by DAA BEARS!!! 26-0 AWWW YEAH!!
  • Of course we know at least one person (not named Favre) wasn't too happy about the way the game ended up. I knew I should have bought a new bedroom set...
  • And while I'm on the subject of record breaking sports performances, let me just say that the Cubs have made a rock solid case against perfectionism. Six errors and a victory last night gives slackers worldwide hope for a positive future.
  • Speaking of positive future, I'm jumping on the back-to-school bandwagon (sort-of). I'm taking a class this fall. What can I say, old dreams die hard. Tell me who are you...
  • It's been a while so we'll see how it goes. There's something a little crazy about going to school just for fun, not to mention signing over 30+ hours of the next ten weeks to class work - yikes!
  • Because there's no nice way to transition in or out of it I want to give kudos to Greg for a really great 9/11 reflection blog entry. Poignant but not tear-jerking, it's things I would've said, had I thought of them... except I think I actually filled in the blanks the first time. ;)
  • And the best news I received this week is that a family friend whose father died in the World Trade Center just had a son - born on Monday, September 11. Kind of makes you think about God as the God of new beginnings. Here's to healing and new life for all.

No comments: