Some were amused. Some were a mixture of shock and horror. Some smiled and said "Happy Saint Patrick's Day". There were plenty of raised eyebrows and more than a few glares of outright scorn and disdain. Part of me met these visual greeting with confusion until I remembered....
"Oh yeah! I dyed my hair neon green for St. Patrick's Day this morning!!!"
For those that ever find themselves in a similar predicament I offer the top five responses to the question, "Why is your hair dyed green?"
Happy St. Patty's Day everyone!
(5) I'm going to a costume party after work - I'm the Chicago River!
(4) I don't know what you're talking about. I'm just on my way to my new job at the nuclear power plant. We had a slight mishap yesterday but so far it's going great!
(3) Why should I tell you about me hair?!? Yer just after me Lucky Charms!
(2) I got a new hair colorist named Anne Shirley.
(1) A Leprechaun pooped on my head.
(Number 2 is for the Anne of Green Gables fans and the title of this blog is for SP himself!)